June 8, 2023
OCEBC Healthcare Symposium | Shifting Tides: The Rise of Self-Funding and the Future of Healthcare Spend
June 8, 2023, Lido House Hotel, Newport Beach
The Healthcare Symposium is one of OCEBC’s signature in-person meetings, where we expect an estimate of 125+ members in attendance. We will also be including exhibitors this year for our members to chat with during check-in and the break.
- The event begins Thursday, June 8th, at 7:30 am and concludes at 12:00 pm.
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am: Check-in, Breakfast and Exhibition
- 9:00 am – 10:15 am: 1st Panel Session
- 10:15 am – 11:00 am: Break and Exhibition
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: 2nd Panel Session
- Each session will be a moderated Q&A format that will focus on Self-Funding feasibility, market trends around this, and medical and pharmacy cost containment.
- At Check-In, everyone will be given OCEBC Healthcare Symposium Passport book, if they get all 25 stamps, you will be entered to our raffle!
Discussion topics include:
- The feasibility of smaller groups making the transition to self-funding.
- How the trend has evolved over time, and where it is headed.
- What cost containment strategies are being used and will be deployed to control medical and pharmacy expenses.
- We’ll also explore the impact the shift to self-funding has on internal strategies of your company and other healthcare organizations.
Moderator & Guest Panelists:
Robert Burnell, Senior Vice President, Health & Benefits, AON – Moderator
Libby Guzzo, Strategic Partnership Lead, Surest, A UnitedHealthcare Company
Joel Hull, Employee Benefits Captive Practice Leader and Shareholder, Innovative Captive Resources
Dr. Jeffrey Klein, Chief Medical Officer SoCal and NV, Cigna
Tim Lieb, Senior Vice President, Growth and Marketing, Blue Shield of California
Kathy Martella, Vice President and General Manager California Commercial Business, Anthem
Kyle McDonald, Chief Growth Officer West and South Central, Aetna
Kristen Rivers, Senior Vice President of Sales, West Region, Pareto Health
Dr. John Rott, Regional Assistant Medical Director, Kaiser Permanente
June 9, 2022
2022 Healthcare Executive Panel – From Crisis to Opportunity: Disruption in Care Delivery
Lido House Hotel, Newport Beach
The OCEBC Healthcare Executive Panel is one of the biggest events of the year! The panel included speakers from OCEBC’s key partners for 2022 and was broken into two panel sessions focusing on the disruption to care delivery and the future opportunities post COVID-19.
Advances in virtual first primary care
Going beyond breadth of networks to focus on quality
The future state of Healthcare
July 8, 2021
2021 Healthcare Executive Panel – Day 2 (Virtual)
Featured panelists from Health Net and Kaiser Permanente
June 10, 2021
2021 Healthcare Executive Panel – Day 1 (Virtual)
Featured panelists from Blue Shield of California, Cigna and UnitedHealthcare
September 10, 2020
2020 Healthcare Executive Panel (Virtual)
Featured panelists from MemorialCare, Kaiser Permanente, Cigna and Providence
June 13, 2019
2019 Medical Carrier Executive Panel
Hilton Costa Mesa
Featured panelists from Anthem, Blue Shield of California, Cigna, Health Net, Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare